Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Running to Pentecost: Has it Really Been 50 Days Since Easter


Having preached on the theme of Ascension Sunday at Southminster Presbyterian Church, Beaverton, Oregon this past Sunday, it is hard for me to fathom that the trail continues onward toward Pentecost!?

What is impressive to me is how the holy/Holy Days truly become "markers" or "milestones" or points of reference, like we use for travel on the road. When visiting my home town of Portland, OR, I know where I am because of the significant monuments or known sites and sounds that steer me to where I want to go. I get totally lost when the monuments and markers of the known sites and streets move.

Having passed Ascension Sunday, I pick up my stuff, put it back in life's back-pack, and move on ahead to the next stopping point in the Christian life-long pilgrimage: Pentecost!

Bien camino!

Peace of the Pilgrim God,

Brett

No comments: