Saturday, December 19, 2009

Walking the Wrong Way is OK Sometimes


While I would like to think I'm always going the right direction in life, or headed the right way, I know that there are times on pilgrimage and life-as-pilgrimage in which I was headed the wrong way and had to finally ask for help and turn and re-trace my steps to go the right way.

Richard Rohr (from Radical Grace) affirms my frustrating ways:

The Scriptures very clarly have a "bias toward action." Simply put, the word of God tells us that i you don't do it, you in face have not heard it and do not believe it (James 1:22-25).

Faith: when we cross a line for a new way based on what we believe the Kingdom values are, walking is probably a lot more important than talking, even if we walk the wrong way for a while."

Thanks, Richard!

Pace!

B

No comments: