Friday, October 5, 2007

Monastery at Samos

The day´s highlight was going to the Benedictine Monastery at Samos. It was a longer walk to Sarria, but well worth it. I was greeted by a Benedictine monk who gladly pronounced me not obltate but ¨oblato¨, smiled and hugged me, brother to brother...hermanos! Beautiful monastery and a very old community.

The blisters are better...thanks for the prayers. Walked in marvelous countryside with patchwork quilt farms on the hillsides. Loved looking at the beauty of northern Spain.

I am reminded that the body needs time to remember that it is on pilgrimage, and that I am being re-memeber, re-connected with God´s followers as pilgrims. The lessons of pilgrimage and Chrisitan daily life are flooding over me, e.g., remembering that life is one step at a time, and be where your feet are planted. I am expecting down hills around every corner after going up hill all the time, and only greeted with more uphill. But I smile, and trudge on, one step at a time.

To Portomarin tomorrow, and Santiago by Wednesday!

Bien camino!

Pilgrim peace, Brett

2 comments:

Jim G said...

Portomarin is a great town.

Palas de Rei should have a couple of Sellos at the church and a nice statue of a pilgrim down a small alleyway on the camino.

The albergue in Melide is very large - should have no problem with finding a bed there. The showers are a bit, um, minimalistic. No shower doors. Ask Terre her opinion about it sometime. There is a nice supermercado within a couple of blocks.

Arzua is the next biggest town after that. There is a small church (I think St. James). Depending upon the day you might be able to catch a service there - I think I recall a pilgrim mass of some kind. Listen for Spanish bagpipes - we heard a group practicing downtown.

I'm so pleased that you've hit so stride and are enjoying your walk.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,