Sunday, March 9, 2008

"I'm Off for a Bit, Then," Mr. Kerkeling's Story of Being on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela in the New York Times!

In Sat., March 8th, 2008 New York Times, there was an excellent review of the book, "I'm Off for a Bit, Then," by the comedian Hape Kerkeling of Germany, who, one day, decided to walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, who one day decided put down his bag of potato chips and soft drink and go off on the Camino from Germany. Over 2 million copies of the book have been sold. He writes with the same wry humor of Bill Bryson.

My favorite quote is this: “The Camino really begins after you’ve finished it,” he said. “Life becomes more challenging.”

As I live the life of the pilgrim in the School of the Pilgrim, I wholeheartedly agree.

Click here for more.

Bien Camino!

Pilgrim peace,

Brett

No comments: